You Don't Get To Choose Your Relatives

 There are times when I wish I was born into a different family, but then I remember you don't get to choose the type of family you fall into. If that were a norm, this world wouldn't be as interesting as it is now.

Don't think I'm ranting. This is just a way to get things that occur in my life out there. People are going through the same thing every day; just know that you're not alone.

While in poly, my sister got pregnant. The entire family had something to say, calling her different names. At that time she was staying at my aunt's house, once she heard what happened, she asked her to leave her house.

Now, this isn't about my sister but my cousin, who also got pregnant in school. But her own case was different. Want to know why?

Well, her baby daddy is rich, though the guy is just a bit older than her. Everyone rallied around her. They even went as far as telling her mum to ensure she marries the guy.

Actually, the baby daddy wanted her and the baby, but that's not the point here. I'm trying to say that everyone who had one thing or the other to say about my sister couldn't say anything about my cousin.

"As I said, you don't get to choose your relatives."

Anyway, life goes on, though, and there are still hypocritical people in this world.

Do let me know your thought on this.

Comments

Popular Posts